Chess Is Fun
Two men were playing chess and one them was thinking for eight hours.
People watching the game went home and arbiter went outside to watch grass grow.
After eight hours of waiting for a move one of the players slept the table and angrily said to the other:
“For goodness sake make a move”. The other one said: “it is your turn”.
When Chuck Norris plays chess, he doesn’t say “Checkmate,” he says “Chuck Norris.”
Two prisoners were playing chess, and one of them says, “Let’s make this interesting.” So they stopped playing chess.
Fun Facts about Chess
There is no denying the fact that chess is a game for the geniuses. I am sure some of you are simply fascinated by the endless possibilities of chess. On the other hand, some others may find this game to be intimidating. Many of you may not be aware of the fact that Garry Kasparov, one of the greatest chess players ever, had once compared chess with “mental torture.” Here are some fun facts about chess that may make this beautiful game less intimidating for you.
- The quickest possible checkmate in the game of chess is known as a Fool’s mate. However, this two-move checkmate never happens in an actual game unless one of the players is extremely weak.
- The Turk was the first ever chess playing machine that was created by a Hungarian inventor named Wolfgang Von Kempelen. This machine was not only able to move the chess pieces, but was also capable of imitating different facial expressions during the game.
- We all know that Queen is the strongest piece in the game of chess. However, it has undergone several changes over the years. In the initial phases, its movement was limited to just one square diagonally. Originally, it was the counsellor or prime minister to the knight. Later on, it became the strongest piece when the Europeans gave it the status of the Queen.
- Did you know that there are four hundred different possible positions in a game of chess after one move each by both the players? Don’t be surprised as yet because after three moves from each player, the number of different positions possible becomes more than nine million.
- Talking about moves, including the sub variations, there can be as many as one thousand different opening moves for every game.
- The first ever folding chess board was invented in 1125 by a priest. His smart idea originated from the fact that the Church prohibited the priests from playing chess. Therefore, the inventor came up with a board that looked like two books kept together.
- Chess boxing is recent development in the world of chess that involves a boxing round on a chess board for a pre-defined time.
- Since the origination of chess in ancient India, the game has gone through several changes. The move that allowed the pawns to advance just two squares was introduced in 1280 by the Spaniards.