Chess School of South Australia
Welcome to Chess School Website
This is the website of Chess School SA which is a leading provider of chess coaching services in Adelaide, South Australia. We teach chess in Adelaide Metro and in South Australian Country Schools. Private chess lessons are available too, either at students home or by Skype. We also provide wide range of chess products. The Chess Shop link opens the chess product page. In our Chess Shop you can find for buying online chess books, giant outdoor chess set, small outdoor garden chess set, mini outdoor garden chess set, chess clocks, chess boards and pieces, chess programs and more. If you wish to start a chess club or run a tournament in your school or chess club you are welcome to download and use Chess School Free Resources and learn Laws Of Chess. In this website you will also find information about Interschool chess competitions in South Australia – SA Schools Teams Chess Championships. On Saturdays we run Chess Club for Kids at the Box Factory community building in city and during the school holidays we run Holiday Chess Program for Kids at The Chess Centre in City and at Mawson Lakes library. If you wish to run a tournament in your school or organization you are welcome to use our Swiss Online Tournament Manager. We desire that this website would help us to get closer to our customers and to serve them better. This website will act as a platform for us to share all our details regarding our offerings and help customers quickly get in touch with us for all their needs including sales and support.
Watch, learn and be inspired
Watching these videos will inspire you
Watching these videos will improve your rating
A place to buy chess equipment in Adelaide
Chess sets, boards, timer and everything else you need to play chess
SA Schools Teams Chess Championships
Interschool chess competitions in South Australia are safe and fun.
There is no registration fee. Entry fee is $22 (GST free) per player.
Our Chess Coaches will help students to rapidly improve their game by working on chess openings and strategies that are best suited for them.
Set chess goals and develop a plan to achieve these goals .
Playing chess exercises your mental muscles
Chess For Kids In Adelaide
On our website you will find: Free chess lectures, chess puzzles, online chess exercises, free chess games, chess rules,
free chess openings, chess tactics, you will be able to play chess against computer (Talminator) and much, much more
Should Chess Be Taught In Schools?
Seven greatest benefits of chess
- Focusing • Children are taught the benefits of observing carefully.
- Visualizing • Children are prompted to imagine a sequence of actions before it happens.
- Thinking Ahead • Children are taught to think first, and then act. Over time, chess helps develop patience and thoughtfulness.
- Weighing Options • Children are taught that they don’t have to do the first thing that pops into their mind. They learn to identify alternatives and consider the pros and cons of various actions.
- Analyzing Concretely • Children learn to evaluate the results of specific actions and sequences. Decisions are better when guided by logic, rather than impulse.
- Thinking Abstractly • Children are taught to step back periodically from details and consider the bigger picture. They also learn to take patterns used in one context and apply them to different, but related situations.
- Planning • Children are taught to develop goals. They are also taught of the need to reevaluate their plans as new developments change the situation
CHESS IS THE GYMNASIUM OF THE MIND